I Can Give But Not Receive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LollieB

Registered
Hello,

I'm working on an iBook OSX3.9 and use Entourage through the mac.com server. For some reason, after years of use, I can no longer receive email, although I can still send. This is the pop-up I get: "Authentication failed (incorrect password?)" Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to try re-entering your password.

I have applied for a new password but this hasn't made any difference. Any help would be joyfully received. Thanks, Lollie.

What version of Entourage?

In the version with Office X (Entourage 10.0), look at your account options, particularly the "advanced" options for receiving. Tools>Accounts the click on the button that says "Click here for advanced receiving options". Try toggling on/off the "Always use secure password" option.

Is this a .Mac address? If so, how do you have it setup (POP or IMAP)?

Hi, thanks for your advice, unfortunately, I tried this option to no avail. I'm using Entourage 11.0.0. Every time, I log into my account, I get the password box come up. Any other suggestions? Many thanks for your help. Lollie

If you're using a .Mac account, you'd be best using Mail. Give that a go and if it works, throw Entourage out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back