I cant upgrade to iPhoto 4.0.1

bopsi

Registered
My iPhote 4.0 works fine but if I wanna upgrade to 4.0.1 iPhoto app change its icon and the file is only about 7Mb and it doesnt work at all. There after I can easly install old version 4.0 again. I tryed with auto update OSX system aswell as with D/L file from Apple's web page. Any idea what is going on on my system??

thanks for advice

It sounds like you moved the iPhoto.app out of the default Applications folder. Put it back and then upgrade and it should all go fine.

If you've upgraded an app and want to go back to the previous version, you must delete the 'Receipt' of the new version - these can be found in Macintosh HD / Library / Receipts.

I had this exact issue with iPhoto - does it say "a newer version of iPhoto exists on this machine" or similar when you try and launch the older one?

I had this exact issue with iPhoto - does it say "a newer version of iPhoto exists on this machine" or similar when you try and launch the older one?[/QUOTE said:
No!!! It just dont wanna upgrade to 4.0.1!! I got 4.0 with new Mac...

I need advice how to REPAIR PERMISSION!! Help please...

perfessor101 said:
/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility Select the boot volume and click the button labeled Repair Permissions.

It worked!!! Man, you rock!! Thanks so much. Can you explain what was wrong and what RP does???

thanks again

Back