I finally did it!

yah..... I guess, but i'm in a hurry a lot, and having to do al of that can be annoying.

A few seconds of waiting can prevent a few tears from data loss of important files. I unmounted my USB stick today and it only takes about 1 second on a Windows computer.

I've corrupted my USB satnav (TomTom) when it turned itself off while connected. I got the "Device Improperly Removed" message on the screen.

It's happened before with no bad result...until that one time. Now I "Eject" as soon as the data transfer is complete.

Luckily most of the data transfering I do is over the network, so i dont have to cry about the precious seconds of time lost while ejecting the flash drive.

OK, count me in...

After 30 years working for IBM and lugging around a PC, I am now the proud owner of a Powerbook G4... lite and easy to use...

I think I'll soon be a full convert.

Tom

Another thing I like about windows is that you can just pull a USB thumbdrive out, but with mac you have to eject it.

I totally recommend that you eject the thumb drive in XP. I have lost data by not doing so - as well as having not lost data doing it on the MacBook, in spite of the dialog of dire disaster.

Ejecting makes sure files are all closed.

Back