I finally did it!

Another thing I like about windows is that you can just pull a USB thumbdrive out, but with mac you have to eject it.

Both platforms have pros and cons. I switched because I needed stability. I was spending more time making my computer work when I should have been using my computer to get work done. Although I have only been on the Mac full time for a short time, I can't ever imagine going back. I have been so much more productive!

Joe

I can't either. When I think about going back, I just think of the "Are you sure to want to do that?".

That's really neat Satcomer! The only issue with that is how smooth can it run? The reason for me saying that when your running Parallels, your system is pretty much taxed as it is. So now it has to not only run Mac OS X and Windows at the same time, it also has to run a 3D game. It sounds pretty neat though, hope it works out.

I have been a die hard PC guy for MANY years. I have been very frustrated with my windows laptop for about a year. I thought an upgrade to vista would help... OMG what a mistake!!! I tossed around the idea of a mac. The only thing stopping me was the need to run MS Access applications using ODBC to a SQL server. I came across codeweavers Crossover office. Install it and then Access XP. Loaded my DB, added a DSN and it all worked!!! Could not believe it! I am so happy that I am now typing this message on my shiny new MBP! Just thought I would share!!

Joe
Now you've turned there no going back ::love:: Enjoy your new MacBookPro

I used to work in a company that had windows and mac desktops. The main problems I heard about the macs were how they interloped with the windows server environment!

Macs are unix machines and can be hard to hack (without using third person software) given the right user/admin. If macs became more popular, you would definitely see more problems.

Games are the only thing holding me back from getting rid of windows for good.

Does anyone know what Apple's plans are on creating their own version of DirectX so they can compete with the gaming market.

On the bright side, there was a post on digg.com today about EA games starting to bring games to macs.

Does anyone know what Apple's plans are on creating their own version of DirectX so they can compete with the gaming market.

On the bright side, there was a post on digg.com today about EA games starting to bring games to macs.

Yep, they mentioned that in the Keynote.

I used to work in a company that had windows and mac desktops. The main problems I heard about the macs were how they interloped with the windows server environment!

Huh?
DEF: interlope (as in "intervene") v. : encroach on the rights of others, as in trading without a proper license

Macs are unix machines and can be hard to hack (without using third person software) given the right user/admin. If macs became more popular, you would definitely see more problems.

With over 20 million in use, Macs are more popular than Mercedes cars. How popular do they need to be before a single hacker notices? ;)

Where are all those viruses and spyware apps people have been promising us? I mean, I don't think it's fair that we don't get our proportionate share ;)

It's embarrassing! Macs have only a handful of worms, a handful of spyware. None propagates over the Internet. What good is that? Doggone it! ;)

Oh well. There's always 2k8.

Doug

Another thing I like about windows is that you can just pull a USB thumbdrive out, but with mac you have to eject it.

Ummmm, well no, you're really not supposed to do that. There is a very real risk of corrupting the data on the thumb drive, regardless of whether you are on Mac or Windows. On Windows, you should still unmount USB drives using the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray.

Ummmm, well no, you're really not supposed to do that. There is a very real risk of corrupting the data on the thumb drive, regardless of whether you are on Mac or Windows. On Windows, you should still unmount USB drives using the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray.

I second what symphonix is saying. No matter what the OS, you still have to "safely remove" the USB flash disk. WIndows even tells you when you disconnect it without unmounting it (aka, the "Safely Remove" option) that you run the risk of corrupting your data. Much of the writing is done during the unmounting process on USB flash drives, so removing it without unmounting it first will surely bring undesirable effects.

I don't know how many times I've had people who were working on documents right from their USB drive, saved the file, and improperly removed the drive say that they couldn't believe that they lost the file when trying to pull it up from another computer. Usually, it's because of the improper unmounting.

yah..... I guess, but i'm in a hurry a lot, and having to do al of that can be annoying.

Back