I have an Energy/Sleep question!

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
Ok, so this is very off topic of anything Mac related, but you are all good people around here on this board so I figured why not. Anyway, I have a weird sleeping/energy health-related question. Around the hours of 11pm - 5am I feel like I have a ton of energy, and during the day I feel tired all the time. I suppose I could use some extra exercise (to keep in shape/have more energy) but Im not entirely sure why all my energy is revered like this. If you arn't laughing or confused at this point, and have some pointers, they are very appreciated! :D

you are a vampire, just accept it. ;) heheh, people have different sleep cycles, its not totally unheard of. If you want to be on a daylight cycle, start exercising, and possibly doing stuff outside. Maybe the sunlight will do the trick. (disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but I have had this situation happen to me and the daily workout helped me sleep).

I'm similar... What I once did, and it worked, was this: Get up at 06.00 every morning. Whether you went to be at 3 AM or 11 PM, doesn't matter. Just get up. Have a good structure for the day. For me, what happened was this: I got used to getting up early. The day felt good with the early start. And by 10 PM, I was so tired, that I basically fell into bed and slept 8 hours 'til 6 AM again. About two weeks later, this rhythm was perfect for me.

I somehow lost it after a year, though.

It also helps to wake up at the same time on weekends as you do on work days. OK, maybe you don't have to get up at 6 a.m., but try not to stay in bed til noon either ;)

fryke said:
I'm similar... What I once did, and it worked, was this: Get up at 06.00 every morning. Whether you went to be at 3 AM or 11 PM, doesn't matter. Just get up. Have a good structure for the day. For me, what happened was this: I got used to getting up early. The day felt good with the early start. And by 10 PM, I was so tired, that I basically fell into bed and slept 8 hours 'til 6 AM again. About two weeks later, this rhythm was perfect for me. I somehow lost it after a year, though.
This reminds me of a doctor I knew who used to advise insomniac patients to set an old fashioned alarm clock (one that rings very loud) to go off at 04.30 a.m. and then place it in a biscuit/cookie tin at the very far end of the bedroom.

For several nights, the hapless patient would have to get up each night to turn off the alarm. After one week, their sleep rythm was apparently restored.

Back