I have been added to a spamsource list and can't send email????

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
Bummer.

Somehow I have gotten my IP listed on 2 anti-spam sites: http://cbl.abuseat.org & spamhaus.org as being a known source of mass virus spam. The only problem is that I certainly have not actually sent a single piece of spam anywhere, ever. I was just trying to reply to an email from a friend and I got the email bouced back to me from spamhaus.org saying I've basically been blocked from sending email and that I should check my mail program and PC for a virus like Netsky, etc. Is there a mass mail virus out there for osx?

Could my machine actually be infected?

I did request to have my IP removed from the banned list but I'm still unable to send.

Is there a program available that can help find it?

Would a reinstall of the os solve it?

The answers to all of your questions: no

Your next query should be to your ISP, they are the ones that ultimately determine the IP address used to both send and receive eMail

Do you use any webmail sites?

Webmail is available to me, but I use Entourage and Apple Mail to send and receive.

Do you have a static IP address? If you don't it could be that you got a recycled one which someone else who was infected used. You should not be directly sending from your home IP but rather sending it via your ISP. Is there some reason you are not doing that? and if you have a static IP and have set your MX record properly for your domain then you can ignore that.

Back