I have the ripple effect. What else do I have? :)

_sergey_

No Reptile Testing
Did you encounter any more effects like the Dashboard ripple anywhere else in Tiger? I haven't noticed any so far…

Yes, now resizing a QuickTime movie (esp. a saved one) and the movie will play smooth as silk during the move.

well, that should be relatively true for 'lesser' graphics cards, too, btw. it worked on my ibook.

Yes, movie resizing is a standard feature; it's not reliant on Core Image like the Dashboard ripple. AFAIK, Dashboard is the only part of Tiger that uses Core Image's real-time effects.

Don't worry, you're bound to get more sooner or later. It's only a matter of time until Apple updates iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and Final Cut to use Core Image/Core Video, and they'll scream on your machine.

Look for some very cool third-party screensavers and iTunes visualizers, too. They'll probably start trickling out any day now.

have a look at the two new VERY good screensavers - the rss feed one is gorgeous.

it also made me think - why havent they re-done the iTunes standard vis? it's pushing 4 years old now and looks it - it's very old winamp geiss effects. very grainy and generally quite poo-ey

i'm such a newb. how do i get my dashboard to do the ripple effect? btw, i've got a 12 ibook.

the dashboard ripple is something that is only available with high-end graphics cards, like those featured in iMac G5s, PowerMac G5s and the most recent Powerbooks. sorry mate, you can't do it.

to be fair though, you aren't missing out on much - it does look nice, but it's only a gimmick to sell gfx cards. go to an apple store and play with dashboard on a powermac, get your fix until you realised you really don't need it to survive

bah, that's what i figured. i'm fine not having it, but i almost swore it was in the preferences and i turned it off. gotta stop smoking crack, i guess. thanks.

Back