I love VPC (Dual monitors)!

ddma

The Most Stupid Member
Cool, I just found that I am able to run VPC in full screen on one monitor and keep my OS X on another monitor!!

I feel like I have two computers at work!!

I just show off this to my colleagues and they are shocked!! Really, I use the @work Dell monitor to connect my PowerBook and keep the keyboard and mouse around. They didn't trust that is true until I drag a IE for Mac browser on top of the VPC!!

LOL

I would love to show you a photo by I don't have a cam handy... :(

:D :cool: :D

Take a screen shot (Shift-command-3)! The image will be 2048x768 (for two monitors at 1024x768 resolution)... it'll just be "double-wide," depending on how you've got the monitors arranged. I know I'd love to see!

What are you running on your mac and vpc? I can't get VPC to run very good on a TiBook 667. Damn microsoft OS's.

Ohh and another question while i'm right here. Is ther a differance between a W98 Cd and a W98 OS Pack from the VPC people?

Just wondering
Twister

I finally DL'd VPC 5.0.2 from Carracho to run as a demo. I will seriously buy it if I like it, it's just that they don't have a stinking demo on their site!!!

Anyway, I have been trying like hell to get an OS 95/98/2K/XP image DL'd for testing (can't seem to finish a DL without server dropping) and I'm not about to spend $200 per OS just for testing. I borrowed some installer CDs from my mom's Gateway, but they don't want to cooperate since they're like three OS's on one CD, it doesn't seem to want to install thru VPC right. Or am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, anyone know where I can get some Windows OS images?

Thanks.

I'll provide feedback for how well it runs on my DP G4 1 gig in case anyone cares.

Originally posted by mindbend
I finally DL'd VPC 5.0.2 from Carracho to run as a demo. I will seriously buy it if I like it, it's just that they don't have a stinking demo on their site!!!

Anyway, I have been trying like hell to get an OS 95/98/2K/XP image DL'd for testing (can't seem to finish a DL without server dropping) and I'm not about to spend $200 per OS just for testing. I borrowed some installer CDs from my mom's Gateway, but they don't want to cooperate since they're like three OS's on one CD, it doesn't seem to want to install thru VPC right. Or am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, anyone know where I can get some Windows OS images?

Thanks.

I'll provide feedback for how well it runs on my DP G4 1 gig in case anyone cares.

Woah, lemme get this straight. You are wondering where to get warez M$ software so you can try out other warez you downloaded??? Man, you've got a pair of brass ones.

This wouldn't be the place to ask for something like that.

I use Windows 2000 assigned with 160MB in VPC. And I am using TiBook 667 with 768MB. I think the speed is so-so okay. Not bad at all as I just use Access for my ASP programming.

But I love the idea because I don't have to switch from VPC > IE > VPC any more!

I know technically I am using bootleg software, but since there are no demo options, I have no choice (short of actually risking buying it, of course).

As I very clearly stated, I will buy said software when/if I like it and find it the least bit useful.

Additionally, seeing as how I've got nearly $20,000 invested in completely legitimate software, I feel the need to clarify my position as a proponent of buying software legally.

So, nyah.

:)

You'll be happy to know that I DL'D WinXP and the checksum wouldn't verify! Haha to me! (for now, that is)

Originally posted by mindbend
I know technically I am using bootleg software, but since there are no demo options, I have no choice (short of actually risking buying it, of course).

Oh, so warez is OK as long as there is no demo available? I was unaware they changed the law.

I have no doubt about your intentions, I just think this isn't the place to ask about where to get warez.

To get back on topic...

I recently aquired a second monitor. All I need is a PCI video card to do this in my Power Mac.

I may try this if I can get the right stuff (and if I ever get my PowerMac back from AppleCare repair).

Is it possible to hook up a second keyboard/mouse and assign it to VPC so you can be running basically a 2nd "computer" with it's own monitor and keyboard? THAT would rule!

What kind of PowerMac do you have? I just spent $120 on a PCI Radeon 7000 32MB card, and it rocks -- if you add that card, you can actually have 3 monitors because it's a dual-display card. Can't beat the price, either. I've got a dual-monitor setup right now, and I'm wondering how I ever did without one -- it seems like it more than doubles my workspace, since I can be doing a LOT of things at once, in the foreground instead of constantly hiding/unhiding windows/applications.

And yeah, the Mac-on-one-screen, VPC-on-the-other is pretty damn cool... ;)

go to connectix.com and you can download a demo of their Virtual PC software...

EDIT: sorry... it's a demo of the windows version only

Whoa sweet.. That setup looks neat. I have a 733 quicksilver. I was thinking about getting a cheap $30 non-accelerated PCI card for the 2nd monitor. I wish I could find a cheap Ati Rage 128 or something though. I can't justify $130 for a video card right now, but 3 displays would really rock! (does OS X support that?)

Back