I need a big Help Please

brianee

Registered
Hi guys
this is Brian from Iraq
and this is my first post, and I hope you help me out.
I'm using a normal Computer HP Pavilion dv6312ea
and I wanted to install MAC os x 10.5.2
I really want to.
but when I started installing, while calculating time it says some error message like, folder "volume/untitled1/......pkg....... could not be created.
restart to try again.
please how can I fix this. it will be a big help if you can help me with this
thank you in advance
Brian.

Brian - you cannot install Mac OS X on a HP Pavillion computer or
any other similar computer - you will need a macintosh computer.

*unless you have the required knowledge to build your own computer
and install a patched version of OS X onto it.

First of all, this section of the forum is for posting "How-To" articles, not asking for help on "how to" do something (the first sticky post in this section describes that).

Second, board rules prevent us from discussing illegal activity, such as breaching the license agreement for Mac OS X and trying to run it on non-Apple hardware. There are plenty of other forums around the intertubes that discuss this sort of license-breaching activity; this is not one of them.

Hi Brian,

If you really want a Mac, get a Mac (even a second hand Mac will run usable for a long time, and Macs will keep their resell value a lot better than PCs).
Current license agreements of Mac OS X software mean that you can only run it on a Mac (just like ElDiablo says).
Take care

A Power Macintosh G4 can be found for very little depending on where you live (not sure about somewhere like Iraq). I've seen them (at least here in the us) for around 100 dollars. My father actually bought a dual-processor Power Macintosh G4 (867 MHz x 2) for around $300 from a reseller, but you might be able to find even better prices second-hand. There are also ways of making Leopard run on Macs slower than 867 MHz, although you won't get an optimal experience. Even still, Tiger would probably be your best bet considering that it's still quite well-supported by developers.

And don't be turned off by some dual-proc 500 MHz Power Mac G4 systems. With enough RAM and Tiger, they can still run circles around any PC of that time despite their modest speeds.

Back