I need a vector based drawing program

Claruz

Dogcow
I need to draw a diagram. (I am turning a van into a camper and I need to visualise my ideas.) All I need is a lightweight vector based drawing program, like the one that's built into Claris Works. Is there anything like that available in the shareware/freeware market for Mac OS X? I tried iDraw which lacked some features I needed.

Thanks..

omnigraffle sounds like the perfect app for you

on versiontracker there are also a lot of apps for idea/visualization/diagrams

but the big boys of vector illustration are adobe illustrator and corel draw...just in case you wanted something that cost more money :)

OmniGraffle is great, but it's way overpriced! Isn't it like $50? All I want is the same thing Claruz wants. Something to layout a simple diagram. Not for business. Not to be used all the time. Just a simple once in a while thing.

Doesn't OmniGraffle come free on some Macs now?

Originally posted by gibbs
omnigraffle sounds like the perfect app for you

on versiontracker there are also a lot of apps for idea/visualization/diagrams

but the big boys of vector illustration are adobe illustrator and corel draw...just in case you wanted something that cost more money :)

Don't forget Freehand. Corel Draw? Does any Mac user use that hunk of crap?

Actually, OmniGraffle comes free with OS X bought on new PowerMacs (its included and even allow updates downloaded from OmniGroup patched on top of it), so if you are as lucky as I am, you allready have it!

Did I mention that OmniGraffle totally rules?!? :)

-e

Originally posted by rinse
Corel Draw? Does any Mac user use that hunk of crap?

Yes, I do :D

Corel Draw is the simplest and best way to trace, Freehand and Illustrator are fine for other kind of work.

I know of what I'm talking about because I've being using those 3 apps for a long time, and each one is good for certain things but not for all things. ;)

Back