I need free games

Have you tried Neverball? It's similar to Marble Blast Gold. There's also AlephOne, which is the open source version of Bungie's Marathon series.

Descent !! free and ported to OS X. If you remember Descent 1, 2 and 3 from the olden days, you'll know what I'm talking about. Yeah! If not, it's a classic 3d shooter released not too long after the original Doom was released back in the early 90's.

True 3d, very playable, addictive

Now free and OS X native. Check it out at www.applexnet.com. Look for an article on D2X-XL. _Be sure to read carefully and get the original game data too._

Others:

Doom Legacy - OS X native Ultimate Doom with hires textures
Noiz2a (or something like that) - a tripped-out Galaga
America's Army - free first-person shooter designed by the U.S. Army

By the way, here's a suggestion for searching for Mac games. In Google, type "free mac games" without the quotes. Also, you can generally play online games, Java, Flash, etc.

Doug

easterhay: "Disclaimer: Mac Garden does not claim rights to any software on the site. To the best of our knowledge, these titles have been discontinued by their publishers. If you know otherwise, please contact us and we will remove them accordingly. Thank you for your attention." --- That's quite near to a "dark zone" considering our board rules... I'd say that most of these games' copyrights have _not_ been revoked, even though they're "abandoned".

go to apple.com click on mac osx and then click on downloads
there should be demos shareware and freeware apps!

Back