I need help on burning cds

caseybrubaker

Registered
I have problems when i am trying to burn cds on my OS X. I do not think itunes came with burning software. I try to insert a blank disc and it just ejects it in like 10 seconds. I have downloaded programs like NTI Dragon Burn 4.0.22 and a few more but they all seem not to work, anybody have any clue whats wrong ????? If you could tell me i would appreciate it because I have to give this computer back to a school and I want to burn a few songs off of it before i have to give it back. Thanks alot for the information.

It sounds like OSX is not recognizing the disc as being a blank recordable disk. What type of disc are you using (CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, etc)? Also what type of drive are you using it in (a 3rd party recorder or an official Apple ComboDrive or SuperDrive)?

Yep, sounds like either it can't read the media because they're bad or because it's not actually a writer, just a reader (i.e. DVD-ROM or CD-ROM). You can find out by looking at the 'More Info...' button in 'About this Mac' under the Apple menu.

Back