I Pod

BrianPeter

Registered
I got an I pod touch for Christmas. I load music from I tunes on my Macbook. when I went to load other music and plug in my I Pod touch back in to the Macbook, all my music was wiped off my I Pod touch. The "sync" message comes up and all my music was gone. It did not remove my digital video. Am I supposed to do something to lock the music into my I Pod? If so, what and how?

Did you delete the music off of the MacBook after loading the music into the iPod?

If so, that's what did it -- the iPod is not meant to be a "storage" device. It's meant to be a "sync" device that allows you to take music from your computer with you on-the-go. Delete the music from the MacBook, and the music disappears from the iPod.

It is possible to use the iPod in the fashion I described (load music onto iPod, delete music from computer, leave music on iPod), but it's counter-intuitive.

You should try and use your computer as your "master" copy of all your music, leaving ALL music on your computer, and then using the iPod to take a subset of that music with you on-the-go.

If this is not what happened, disregard all that, and explain exactly what's going on and what steps you've taken.

Back