I remember...

I started using a mac about...

• 15 years ago

• 10 years ago

• 5 years ago

• 1 year ago

• Just starting to see the wonders of Macintosh!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by HyperLiteG4
...the guy who either invented or helped invent the mouse and sold the invention to Apple. I could be totally wrong about this but that is what I heard. John Couch is his name I think...
I just read a book called Bootstrapping by Thierry Bardin. It is basically a biography of a guy named Douglas Engelbart. According to this, Engelbart was the guy who invented the mouse...???

I know I am a youngin' here, 18 years old, and my first Mac was my dad's "Centris 660AV"... hehe..... And to use my "Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego?" multi-media game with the blazingly fast 2X CD-ROM player, I put CDs in... a CADDY, and THEN loaded them.... buahahahahahahahahaha!.... hahahaha!... haha.... heh.... hehe.... heh...
(silence)

Alright, fine, I'm the only one that finds the idea of a CD Caddy funny....

The CD caddy is a laughable idea :p
I have used em a lot during high school :p

They remind me of NeXT optical discs :p

I used a Mac 128k that my dad bought! Now I'm a freshman in college with a TiBook and a G3 Tower. I grew up with the Macintosh:)

-JARinteractive

My First computer was a Timex/Sinclair 1000 (Sinclair ZX81 clone):

4MHz Z80A processor, 2K of RAM, 8K of ROM

My 2nd computer was a Timex/Sinclair 2068 (Sinclair Spectrum clone):

4MHz Z80A processor, 48K of RAM, 32K of ROM (I think).

3rd computer was an Apple IIgs, Woz Limitied Edition

4th Computer was a PowerBook 520c

5th Computer is a Blue & White Power Macintosh G3.

All still work.

chemistry_geek

we started with a plus when I was young
we bought a 45 MB hard drive for it, that first needed to get warm before it started to function 45 MB was huge whow man, back then... I could saven thousands of applications on it

Then a classic, it's still alive, although it is now at our neighbour who can't afford herself a new computer

Then my dad bought a performa 450, that was the last time his computer was better then the computer from the kids. now my mum uses it

coz lateron we bought a performa 630 and we were really so amazed by groliers encyclopedia and so

then came a performa 6400/180, which is now workless, coz it has serious problems, it sometimes won't even startup and can give system errors even teh error-databses don't know what it means (error -127?, anyone?)
then came a b&w g3 350 Mhz, a great machine, it is still in use by my brother

and since the end of march, i have my own iMac 500 Mhz. 20 GB! I guess the Plus won't even see the whole disk

and I'm soon on OS X

1984: Apple ][c (my first Apple experience, loved MousePaint, I was 6 years old)
1985: second hand Apple ][+ (I think it was released in 1979)
1991: Macintosh LC (our first Mac, had an Apple ][ emulator card)
1994: Macintosh LC 475 (first time connected to the internet)
1995: second hand Macintosh Quadra 800 (once was the "most powerful mac ever")
1997: PowerMac 9600/300 (a real beauty!)
1999: PowerMac G4 (my Mac at work)
2000: PowerMac G4 Cube (my favorite Mac all-time! I use it every day for hours)
2001: PowerMac G4 466 (my new Mac at work, with internal cd burner)

I still have the ][c, ][+ and the LC 475 somewhere in the house ;-)
The first time I "used" a Mac was in 1984, at our Apple dealer, I was 6 years old...

can't wait for the G7 ;-)

Back