I would like to applaud Apple

I know what you mean...thought about staying up..glad I didnt though cos now Im stuck watching the videos on Apples website and I cant keep my eyes off those powerbooks...oh the pain, the pain.

I dont think I have ever desired an inanimate object more so than now...damn you apple, you innovators you...I hate to love you...:D

I found this in another forum:

Also during the keynote, on the screen in large letters behind Steve:

"Open Source
We think it's great."

A personal finger from Steve to Bill.

Ha, ha! Although the new browser was probably a personal something else.

I noticed that several times Steve referred to the type of integration shown by MS Office. I also noticed that the special offer on MS Office has been extended. (I pay attention to this because I have to use Office.)
But that is why I have ordered Keynote because it can work with Power Point. According to FedEx, I should get my copy soon. I am excited about this.

:) :) :) :) :)

i guess we should all applaud apple(yyyyeeeey). they did a great job. and i dont think anyone was expectin 17inch powerbooks(i read a rumor bout it a few hours before the keynote but i didnt really believe it)
all the other products are wonderful...
.... and i should applaud one more time for the iApps which will be kept free! there was a lot of dissapointment about a week ago with the articles about charging the iApps, i guess everyone rushed and jumped into conlusions. im glad i wasnt one of them :p

i JUST wish they could have faster delivery dates on the new powerbook!!!(the 17inch powerbook will arrive in 9-11 weeks in Sweden...and i guess its even worst for Greece) ...:(

btw way,... isnt Safari a great name for their browser ? everyone suggested various names but Apple surprised us ONCE again..

(and the blue ambient light under the keyboard of the new powerbook.. it looks amazin..)

im all excited. cant wait to work with it :p

Sarari is cute but I'm not sure I like the association I get... "It's a jungle out there" etc... makes it seem like the internet is "untamed" or "unclaimed territory", perhaps "mystery" and "adventure" comes to mind... perhaps when the internet was still an infant, but I think people pretty much have a handle on it now... I think Chimera, for example, is an excellent name for a browser, considering what a browser does.

well, one of the other things the developer i talked with said is that it ahs only been named safari recently. he declined to comment on the working codename. maybe steve just got back a trip to africa or something.

i mean come on - m$ named theirs' explorer to keep in the same spirit as navigator. maybe this was steve's way of being funny and taking yet another shot at m$. ;)

note to self: i'm starting to notice that many geeks like things very straightforward and concrete - not into cutsey naming of products and forums. very odd considering the humerous codes established by unix. next major programming language should be called 'Code' to be successful. :p

LOL...

Steve Jobs... "Out of Africa"...

I love cute names, Ed, but I don't consider "Safari" to be too cute... (I said "cute" to be polite... I think names like "Ayumi" are cute)...

I like iSurf, how about iTroll?

(Actually, I'd prefer it if Apple dumped the whole "i" thing).

i like the "Browser.app" idea. nice and simple like "Mail.app" and "Address Book.app".

oh well.

Anybody else notice a lot of the details Steve didn't seem to have time to mention in the keynote?
- X11 Public Beta
- Twice-as-fast superdrive in the Powerbook 17"
- The benefits and possibilites of Firewire 800 besides speed
- The fact that the PowerBook 12" uses PC2100 DDR RAM and that the PowerBook 17" uses PC2700 DDR RAM and has a 167 MHz system bus
- The hard drive for the PB 17" is Ultra ATA/100
- That airport extreme uses miniPCI (maybe the incompatibility with old models stopped that one)

What else did he skip over? Am I forgetting all this stuff or did he really not mention it?

ML, were you clenching your jaws as you wrote that? ("I. . applaud . . . Apple" oops, was a couple days ago)

Just askin' :)

Go, Apple!

D

Originally posted by MacLuv
LOL...

Steve Jobs... "Out of Africa"...

I love cute names, Ed, but I don't consider "Safari" to be too cute... (I said "cute" to be polite... I think names like "Ayumi" are cute)...

I like iSurf, how about iTroll?

(Actually, I'd prefer it if Apple dumped the whole "i" thing).

How about i"Surfin Safari"?

Sarari is cute but I'm not sure I like the association I get... "It's a jungle out there" etc... makes it seem like the internet is "untamed" or "unclaimed territory", perhaps "mystery" and "adventure" comes to mind... perhaps when the internet was still an infant, but I think people pretty much have a handle on it now... I think Chimera, for example, is an excellent name for a browser, considering what a browser does.

Other than Tarzan not being out there on the WWW thing everything else is a jungle! TOO many sites with BS content... TOO many error messages while browsing the net... Viruses... Security holes... TOO many sites with problematic web page design and/or presentation... TOO many browsers fighting for TOO many "standards"... Many people trying to steal other people... The WWW is at least a jungle!

Safari may sound a bit dramatic but at least they didn't name it Seeker, Explorer, Navigator or something! :D

How about I give $10,000 in your name for every $50 you don't spend on Apple?

How about I give you $0.00 in your name for every time you troll threads?

hulkaros is right once again. The internet is far from controllable and there are new users each day. Windows users will never get a operating system called jaguar or a browser called safari.
I could buy a copy of iLife but i couldn't use the iDVD software. So i'll just wait till i purchase a new mac.

Originally posted by jesustoast
How about I give you $0.00 in your name for every time you troll threads?

How about people stop jumping to conclusions just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view?

Back