iBook 700 MHz G3 good or okay for movie editing?

The Mac

Registered
Would an iBook G3 700MHz and 256MB ram(will be upgraded to 640) be good or at least okay editing videos in iMovie? Because I want to buy one one eBay. I have an iMac g3 400Mhz and its terrible editing with iMovie, it takes about 3 hours to export a 6 minute video. Will the iBook been good enough to handle iMovie for some light video editing or be the same as my iBook G3?

(If you read, the my other post about ram is because I want to know so I can order it the same time when I order my ibook)

Yeah, that iBook will still be extremely pokey when it comes to video editing and exporting.

I would recommend at least a G4 at a minimum of 867MHz (or maybe dual-500MHz) with at least 1GB of RAM or more and a nice, speedy, big hard drive. That pretty much leaves any kind of G3 out of the water. If you're looking for a portable, look for a good G4 PowerBook, otherwise, grab a desktop and some fast hard drives.

I used my G4 iMac 800 (before that briefly using my iBook 500) with iMovie 3 or 4, and a MiniDV camcorder. I made several home video DVDs. Nothing incredibly fancy. It worked pretty well. Of course, the iMac would have been somewhat more powerful than a 700 G3 iBook.

Bot

Back