ibook g4 with OSX

newmacosxuser

Registered
Hello,

I have a ibook g4 with OSX as my operating system. The problem that I am having is that when I turn on my laptop the message I get is that it is searching for printers while booting I get a blank black screen when the fan running load. Now, when I turn on my laptop I just get a blank black screen with the fan running really loud. I wanted to know if my battery inside my laptop may be bad or if I need to re-install or use a recovery disk to reload my OSX, or there may be something else wrong with it? Thank you.

Jeanean

how can i boot my system with MAc os DVD ....as we go to intel board setup and set our 1st boot to CD DRive is this possible to go my IBook G4 board setup....?

Hold down the "C" key when you hear the startup chime. Keep it held down until it shows that it's booting from the disc.

I tried to boot from a system restore CD and nothing happens. The bad thing is that I cannot get the CD to eject.

I have tried all the power manager resets listed on that link. If I just hold down the power button the laptop will not shut off. The only way I can get the laptop to shut down is to select shift + control + option + power button and my laptop powers off.

Last edited:
Can you boot to a system CD? Can you boot using Command+S ?

Have you tried a power manager reset?

Directions for your iBook can be found here:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449
I tried to boot from a system restore CD and nothing happens. The bad thing is that I cannot get the CD to eject.

I have tried all the power manager resets listed on that link. If I just hold down the power button the laptop will not shut off. The only way I can get the laptop to shut down is to select shift + control + option + power button and my laptop powers off.

If you want to eject the CD - restart, and hold the mouse button down (that's your trackpad button on your iBook), the CD should eject shortly after the screen lights up. Keep holding the button if nothing happens, it might take 30 seconds or so, but it will eject.

You don't have to make a new post for every little detail - makes the thread way too long - :)

Booting to your restore, or installer DVD, requires holding the letter C (with that disk in the drive) while you restart, continue to hold the C until you see the rotating gear under the grey Apple. You can release that C key then, and your Mac should continue to boot to that CD/DVD - and then you can run Disk Utility from the menu (usually the Utilities menu), or continue on with a system install, if that's what you need....

If you want to eject the CD - restart, and hold the mouse button down (that's your trackpad button on your iBook), the CD should eject shortly after the screen lights up. Keep holding the button if nothing happens, it might take 30 seconds or so, but it will eject.

You don't have to make a new post for every little detail - makes the thread way too long - :)

Booting to your restore, or installer DVD, requires holding the letter C (with that disk in the drive) while you restart, continue to hold the C until you see the rotating gear under the grey Apple. You can release that C key then, and your Mac should continue to boot to that CD/DVD - and then you can run Disk Utility from the menu (usually the Utilities menu), or continue on with a system install, if that's what you need....
Neither option worked for me. However, I used the VGA adapter and connected it to an external monitor and I did not get video so it is not the inverter. I am just wondering if the DC in board is bad or logic board is damaged. I am not sure if the hard drive could be a possibility.

Back