ibook g4

pastordamery

Registered
I have an ibook g4. It freezes at the blue screen with the apply on it. The little circle goes around and around but nothing happens. I took it to an apple technician yesterday who told me the hard drive is toast so I should just throw it away. (Actually, he offered to take the keyboard.) When you do the fsck -fy it says that the hard drive was repaired sucessfully. Is it possible to have a hard drive that is bad and a message which says it has been repaired successfully? I don't mind having the hard drive replaced if that is what is wrong. I do not have any of the install discs any longer. Any ideas that might help.

You _will_ need the install discs. Both for any further recovery missions and any reinstallation attempts, with a new or the old harddrive.

I do not have any of the install discs any longer. Any ideas that might help.
One idea: throw your car keys away as well... that way you're at least being consistent.

Seriously, though, a computer without install disks is a useless computer... or will eventually become one, with no hopes of being repaired. It's akin to having a car without keys to it.

Secure yourself, ASAP, some install disks, like fryke said. There are certain operations detrimental to your situation that you will not be able to perform without them.

Back