iBook hinge & screen trim damaged

owen-b

Registered
Hi all,

A few months ago I dropped my G3 600mhz iBook about 2 feet onto it's side while the screen was open - astonishingly very little damage was done - it still works perfectly well, but something has happened to the screen trim around the bottom - it's come away from the screen itself. The bit of the top casing that slots into the left hand hinge isn't firmly inside the hinge anymore, although the righthand one is.

This means when you lift the screen, it pulls away from the bottom trim by the hinge until it comes to rest, and after opening and closing a few times there's now a gap of about 2-3mm at all times. If you push the lid as if to close it, the gap closes up and suggests that something somewhere needs to be glued or screwed to fix it up again. Anyone experienced this or know of a London-based repair centre that could sort it, or is it a cosmetic fault that I will have to learn to live with?

Cheers!
Owen

You might want to drop in at an Apple store in London and seee what they have to say about it.

You may need a new screen assembly.

Okay will do - do I have to make an appointment at their Genius Bar thingummy? It's always full... Or do they have a Service area?

Owen

Okay will do - do I have to make an appointment at their Genius Bar thingummy? It's always full... Or do they have a Service area?

Not sure, but wouldn't hurt to call before going.

Back