ical 17th?

The Mac

Registered
Is it possible for my ical icon in my dock to automatically put the correct date? Cause everytime i look at it i keep thinking its the 17th. lol. Like this
hero_ical.jpg
if anyone can please tell me a plugin or something it would be great. it aint a big deal, because i could just remove it from my dock. lol. but yeah. thanks. Also i have tiger.

Last edited:
The thing to do to get around this is to not have iCal kept as a Dock item but to launch it when you need it either by using Spotlight or if you have it installed, QuickSilver, and don't tick the "Keep in Dock" option ...

This will have iCal display the correct date for you.

So if this is the fix for you, grab the iCal Dock icon and drag it off and watch it disappear in a puff of virtual smoke.

Another couple of options for you are to follow this, or use this 3rd party app.

The choice is yours.

There is one other measure you could take but I don't think you really want to go this far, but here it is anyhow and you'll need to be admin:

• Control-Click iCal.app in your Applications folder and select "Show Package Contents",
  • Open the Contents Folder and then the Resources Folder,
  • Find and rename “App.icns” to “App-orig.icns”
  • Copy “App-empty.icns” to “App.icns”,
  • close the window and you're finished.

Now you'll get no date showing on the Dock icon when iCal isn’t running. To put everything back the way it was just reverse the instructions ...

Oh, I nearly forgot, you could also buy Leopard :)

Last edited:
iCal will display the 17th until it's launched, at which point the icon will change to the correct date.

As Mario said, iCal under Leopard displays the correct date whether iCal is launched or not.

Back