iCal is out!

WOW...i cal .. i am totally happy...you know ...totally cool...yeah..like ...totally what i wanted...thank apple..you re toptally cool...

I am sorry if i was sarcastic...but.. I know we weren't supposed to expect anything...but...aren't you all guys getting excited just a little too much? come on...we saw ical 2 months ago...we knew how it was goign to be.... we got it today...nice...but ...hey it is only a calendar...

This is not the apple i used to knwo...INNOVATIVE..... why do we need an iCal?? well most likely cause Apple told us we needed one.... sure..it is a nice program...sure it is better than many others...but is not what i expected from apple....one entire Keynote to tell me ...how much i need ical?? and everyone seems to freak out for it??? ...i just don't get it....but....may be it is just me

Don't see why you have to be offensive and use such a word....(at least that word in my vocabulary means something offexnsive) bust still go out...be happy you got ical...YAYYYY a calendar...YAYYYY
may be next time we ll be all happy Apple released a new Calculator ;)

Am I the only one to have the bad fortune of a consistent hang whenever I try to import my calendar data from Entourage? iCal simply hangs with the File menu highlighted, requiring a force quit.

Originally posted by BBenve

This is not the apple i used to know...INNOVATIVE..... why do we need an iCal?? well most likely cause Apple told us we needed one.... sure..it is a nice program...sure it is better than many others...but is not what i expected from apple....one entire Keynote to tell me ...how much i need ical?? and everyone seems to freak out for it??? ...i just don't get it....but....may be it is just me

Well, to think about it - it's Apple's own calendar. If you don't like it - no one asked you to download it. Besides, it would make a good 'Entourage' alternative.

:D

Originally posted by boss hoggue
Am I the only one to have the bad fortune of a consistent hang whenever I try to import my calendar data from Entourage? iCal simply hangs with the File menu highlighted, requiring a force quit.

UPDATE: Apparently there is no "problem". The import takes *20 minutes* on my PowerBook G4, and I don't even have a heavily scheduled calendar!!! I can only imagine how long this would take on an older G3 machine. Regardless, it is poor design for Apple to not include some sort of progress bar, even if not accurate, it would tell me that all was okay and that I just need to be patient. The current design leads one to think the process has simply hanged.

I like iCal a lot. Now my last reason to start classic to run Entourage-2001 is gone.
I will NEVER buy OfficeX, and probably never start classic again.

Some small issues, in Sweden we NEED week numbers, everyone says things like "well how about a meeting in week 49".

Also when you select that the weeks starts on mondays, the main view works ok, but the "mini-months" to the left still starts on sundays.
No big deal this IS 1.0 after all.

I have reported these minor glitches to Apple.

Now it's time to start testing the WebDAV stuff so that I can set up a local network variant of .mac for my clients.

I can't get it to run ... I installed it on my G4 and it unexpectedly quit, over and over, despite a reinstall, so I swithched to my iBook and got the same results. Anyone else having probs?

This is totally going out on a limb here, but anyone with problems by any chance running WindowShade X? There have been some weird issues with Unsanity's software in 10.2. I found a bug with FruitMenu as well.

Seriously, iPhoto and now this? iTunes isn't as bad, but it does use an ungodly amount of my CPU. What gives?

My G4 is running lots of things in the background (youpi key, stuffit magic menu, etc.) but my iBook has NOTHING but iTunes on it. I can't believe it won't run there. Real bummer!

Bah. I'm not at home, so I can't test iCal out right now. :( I'm on a school G4 with OS 9.2.2 installed.

Oh well. I have that much to look forward to when I get home! :D Go, Jaguar!

I found my problem:

The font HelveticaNeue.dfont was deleted from my system fonts ( 'cause it sucks!) and it is required to run iCal. I replaced it and all systems are go at this time (Thanks Fryke!)

yeah, somebody moved my thread, bigbadbill... can you send it to fryke AT fryke.com please? i'm desperate... :/

No I don't like iCal.
I don't know why I should use it... So that I can see when it is my birthday?
Therefore I've got my paper agenda...
Why is the date 17 july on the icon? Why do you have to start the program before it changes into the real date? Neh, I don't like it.

Jaguar, iTunes, etc, it all rules but iCal... :confused:

AppleWatcher

Originally posted by AppleWatcher

Why is the date 17 july on the icon? Why do you have to start the program before it changes into the real date? Neh, I don't like it.

Maybe because it would take up more resources than needed to show the date when you don't need it open? The Clock.app only shows real time when it's running.

Back