Ical Publishing Problem

laurenf

Registered
I had a calendar in iCal that was publishing through my .Mac account. Suddenly, it had a red exclamation point next to it, which (when clicked) indicated that there were problems publishing it. This malfunction was confirmed when I discovered that people subscribing to the calendar were no longer receiving updates.

After restarting iCal (and the computer), the problem persisted. I checked, and:
* There was nothing wrong with our internet connection.
* There were over 1000MB free on my iDisk.
* The .Mac username and password were marked as valid in the Preferences pane.

I decided to unpublish the calendar and then republish it, clean slate. As soon as I clicked "Publish," I got this message: "Your .Mac account configuration is not correct. Please set up your .Mac account." When I click the "go to my .Mac preferences pane," the username and password are -- as I'd already verified -- marked as valid, and it says "Thanks for being a .Mac member." I deleted the password, re-entered it, it re-verified it, and then I tried to publish my calendar again and got the same error message.

I even tried deleting the calendar altogether and re-importing it with a new name, but it still refuses to let me publish.

Please help! This is so frustrating, since it was working fine until all of a sudden it decided to give me a huge headache. Thank you in advance!

Back