iChat chat feature failing

dcmindy

Registered
A friend and I have been trying to chat over iChat. If she calls me, everything works perfectly. If I call her, she accepts, and then receives a message that I didn't respond. I receive a message that she has declined my invitation.

I've tried turning off my router firewall, I've tried opening up the ports. It still fails. Any suggestions or leads on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

If you are trying to video chat; Click "Video" on the menu bar and click to uncheck "Microphone Enabled" then try to connect, after video connects you can re-enable Microphone. I do not know why this has to be this way but this worked for me.

As far as one user can start the connection and it working, and it not working vise-vera, it just happens! You can open ports till you are blue in the face (I sure did).

I'm not trying to use video--just audio. And, for a few specs--I'm using an ibook G4 with OS X v10.4.4 and iChat v 3.1.1.

lilcdman24 said:
If you are trying to video chat; Click "Video" on the menu bar and click to uncheck "Microphone Enabled" then try to connect, after video connects you can re-enable Microphone. I do not know why this has to be this way but this worked for me.

As far as one user can start the connection and it working, and it not working vise-vera, it just happens! You can open ports till you are blue in the face (I sure did).
This is music to me. I have been trying in vain to video link via iChat with a colleague in Canada for months. The message that keeps coming up is "HDP (his name) is not responding".

BobW kindly agreed twice to link up with me and on both occasions the video link was perfect.

I'm going to try and link up again with my friend on Sunday and will try your suggestion. Fingers crossed and many thanks.

Back