iDisk iSync -- Choosing "online" not "sync'd" version

larry98765

Registered
Hi All,

Background: I set up iSync to sync my iDisk. It's taking a while and I've realized I should delete some old items I really don't need from the iDisk before continuing the sync. Problem is, not that I've set up sync-ing of iDisk, I can't access the online iDisk -- instead, the finder shows the local version, which isn't complete of course because I haven't finished syncing.

Question: So how can I choose to mount the online iDisk as opposed to the local sync'd version?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Have you tried accessing the iDisk from the Finder by pressing Command-Shift-I?

If that doesn't get you to your remote iDisk, then surely it will after turning off "Create a local copy of your iDisk" in the .Mac section of the System Preferences. It will mount the remote iDisk as a volume on your desktop, if you have such icons set to appear on the desktop.

ElDiablo --

Command-shift-I just brings up a finder window with the sync'd iDisk. It works the second way you suggested, but it's not ideal. Seems to be an all or none proposition. I suppose I could use FTP.

Anyhow, many thanks for your input!

Well, I think that's just one of the traits of the locally sync'ed iDisk -- you really can't do much with it until the sync is done.

Perhaps you need to just let it run overnight to complete the one big sync, then it'll run faster after that initial sync is done with.

Yeah. That's what I'll do. It was really just a question of getting rid of a lot of garbage off my iDisk before doing the initial sync.

Thanks again!

Back