iDisk sidebar eject button

jgalindo

Registered
Hi all, maybe someone out there can help. I am a pretty experienced Mac user but have never ran into this problem. My iDisk icon in the sidebar of the Finder window doesn't have an eject button. Any disk or other removable drive gives me the eject button but not the iDisk. I am running on the latest version of Tiger (10.4.5) and a 12" 1.25GHz iBook G4 with 1.25GB Ram. I know those stats really don't make a difference, except for maybe the OS, but just in case anyone was wondering. Any help that anyone can give would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Also select the iDisk in the Finder and right click on it. One of the options will be eject.

Thsnks guys. I know the other ways to go about ejecting my iDisk but I suppose it is the priniple. I want my comp to run correctly and don't want to have to go about using alternative methods when I know something else exists. But Thanks a lot for such a quick response. If anyone else out there knows of this bug and any potential fixes for it please, hook a brother up!

Just to add fuel to the "Eject button" fire.... at work, we have two RAID arrays: One hooked up via Superfast SCSI, the other hooked up through even faster Fibre-Channel. The SCSI RAID does NOT have an "Eject" button, the Fibre Channel DOES. Apparently, depending on the way the volume is hooked up, certain kinds of volumes get an eject button and others don't. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it seems.

More fuel...
Here, USB keys get this famous sidebar eject button at random... sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

It used to be regular -- USB keys *always* got the eject key. If anybody *does* come up with a solution or reasoning for this, I would like to hear it. Same thing for me -- got options, but prefer things to work as they should (did).

Back