Idvd Disappeared

inocybesang

Registered
i bought my 17"powerbook last year.it has a superdrive and i made a few dvd`s when i first got it.i haven`t used idvd since,and have updated to tiger,etc....but now i cannot find idvd at all.....any help?
i really want to use it now......
thanx,s

Did you do a clean install of Tiger? If so, then iDVD will be gone -- it's only included with the iLife software package now (and with some new computer purchases).

If you have the original Install CDs for your computer, you could use a tool like Pacifist (available at versiontracker.com) to extract the iDVD application off of the original install CDs.

what a ripping off of me.....apple is just trying to snag legit consumers instead of pirates.that`s suckass and gatesian....

My recommendation of using Pacifist should help you get iDVD back.

iDVD is not included with Tiger (nor was it included with Puma or Panther, either). It is included with new computer purchases, though, and should be on your Software Restore disks that came with your computer.

I'm sure Apple did not purposefully do this to screw legitimate customers.

i hear you,but i think they have been convinced by demons that they let customers get away with too much without coughing up cash.i have spent 5,000 dollars and prosylytized for apple like crazy this year.i just feel like i should be able to burn a dvd on my computer.but maybe i am a communist......

(btw)is there a timer or limit on install from tiger dvd?i bought it only weex ago.i carbon copy clone to a drive and reinstall every few weex instead of optimizing,but now the option to install is gone....if that`s done on purpose,apple`s just gone too far.and that hurtz to say.

Back