iLife

garmp

Registered
A couple of months ago I got my New G5 (love it). And was playing around with iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie and iDVD. Showed this to a friend, who is strictly peecee. Totally impressed him.

iLife won't run on a peecee, so do any of you know something close for a peecee head without breaking the bank or creating a huge learning curve.

Thanks

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single application for Windows that will mimick the ease of use and functionality of any of those applications, short of iTunes.

For movie editing like iMovie, has he tried Windows Movie Editor or whatever it's called? And for DVD creation, I hear Roxio Easy Media Creator can do some simple DVD stuff...

it's not going to help, and i'm kinda drunk... (just come back in :D)

but, iPohot is just lovely. HA! i'm on a mac. i can get it! woooeeoooh

There's nothing out that's somehow close to the functionality of the iLife suite. The only thing that has a little resemblence is the Movie Maker which, with a little imagination, is like iMovie. But for the rest? Nothing out there.

Google's Picasa is the best iPhoto clone.

I'm yet to find anything even remotely comparable to iDVD.

Windows Movie Maker is a poor man's iMovie, but if he's serious about it and is willing to spend a little money, he's gotta look at Pinnacle Studio (which is, to my mind, not quite as nice as iMovie, but a big step in the right direction).

iTunes is available for PCs.

But there's no sense of integration.

Back