Illustrator CS, Tiger & Printing to PDF

burleyrider

Registered
Greetings all,

At work, I have recently installed Tiger. But now that I have done that, I cannot print PDFs. The PDF printer icon in the dock just gets a stop sign over it. Resuming printing in the printer's queue does not work either.

The irritation is that when I have a multiple page doc in Illustrator, I do not want to have to cut and paste. I would like to print them out like multiple pages.

Any ideas?

Derek

Hell, if you have multiple pages in Illustrator I would be happy with that... especially since Illustrator doesn't support multiple pages.

MacGizmo said:
Hell, if you have multiple pages in Illustrator I would be happy with that... especially since Illustrator doesn't support multiple pages.

Yes it does.

In Illustrator if you want two pages of 8.5 x 11, you make the page setup size 17" x 11". Then you setup pages tiling. This will give you two 8.5 x 11 pages.

That's more of a workaround or hack than true multi-page support. Illustrator does not support having more than one, true page in a layout.

What version of Illustrator are you using, and what version of Acrobat Professional are you using? Are they up-to-date with the latest patches? What version of Tiger are you using?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
That's more of a workaround or hack than true multi-page support. Illustrator does not support having more than one, true page in a layout.

What version of Illustrator are you using, and what version of Acrobat Professional are you using? Are they up-to-date with the latest patches? What version of Tiger are you using?

Well the work around does great for me.

Regarding versions:

- Illustrator CS
- Acrobat 6.0.4
- Tiger 10.4.2

Back