I'm pissed

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
Went to mtv.com only because I wanted to register to vote. Check out this message you get when you get to the part about printing the registration form out! I'm outraged.

Attachments

• outraged.jpg
    outraged.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 163
RyanLang said:
Went to mtv.com only because I wanted to register to vote. Check out this message you get when you get to the part about printing the registration form out! I'm outraged.

What's pissing you off? Macs don't work with PDFs well despite it being a service in the OS? ::ha::

I'm pissed because of the "Macs don't play well with PDF's" thing when the freakin' 2D engine that runs the OS's graphics is based on PDF.

This just goes to show the quality of people working for the department that came up with this voting scheme!::ha::

Ripcord: Download TinkerTool or Safari Enhancer and activate the Safari Debug menu. Lastly, if you feel adventurous you can open Terminal.app (in the Utilities folder) and type this:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

You must have Safari closed when you do this. after you type that into Terminal, re-launch Safari and check out the Debug menu. Good luck.

RyanLang said:

BTW, if you want to register, just stop by your local post office. They'll help you out and won't give you crap for using a Mac.....

Yeah, guys come on. I didn't post this thing about MTV to have people mock someone with a disability. Although, I am a hypocrite because I laugh at South Park.

How about all of us mock MTV then? If they're dumb enough to hire fools that know squat about OSX they should be!::ha::

I mock Mtv because, well, I can't remember the last time I actually saw a music video on that channel. Wasn't that the point?

Their lack of any technical knowledge shouldn't shock. They play the numbers and bandwagon game all the time, that's why they only ever talk about 5-10 different artists, then move on at minute 16.

RyanLang said:
I'm pissed because of the "Macs don't play well with PDF's" thing when the freakin' 2D engine that runs the OS's graphics is based on PDF.

Just to add a bit of factual info here in this little discussion. Macs do have a problem with PDF Forms which I am sure this thing most likely was. On a Windows box you can fill in the blanks and save or print the thing out in Acrobat. This is the important area where Macs don't play nice with PDFs.

I didn't know that about PDF's on windows. That actually makes me wish macs had that because I have found myself in the past wondering why I couldn't edit a PDF's text fields or blank spaces or whatever. Oh well. Perhaps we can lay this thread to rest now. Thank everyone. :)

Back