iMAC G4 trouble opening Photoshop

lmusgjerd

Registered
I have an iMac G4 and have Photoshop installed. It has worked great up until a few days ago. For no reason it wont open. Design and Bridge open ok just not Photoshop. What can I do as I am brand new to a MAC PC

Well if you bought the new version of Photoshop it will most likely not fit your system requirements. The closest version of Photoshop that will run decent on your computer is Photoshop v.7.0. Adobe might still sell that version online otherwise you can check online software stores for used versions.

I have an iMac G4 and have Photoshop installed. It has worked great up until a few days ago. For no reason it wont open. Design and Bridge open ok just not Photoshop. What can I do as I am brand new to a MAC PC
3 things:

1. Wrong section. Best to post questions like this here.

2. Also not a bad idea to include your specs (see mine below).

3. Photoshop 7 will not work on an Intel Mac. Perhaps Photoshop CS3 will not work on a iMac G4. I may be wrong.

4. Contact Adobe for help (US 800-642-3623, UK 020 7365 0735)

Search for 'photoshop' and look for the .plist and .pref files for the app. Make a note of their locations. Then move those files to the desktop (this causes the app to recreate new pref and plist files) and should get you up and running again.

Also, remember to 'repair permissions' regularly on your comp: apps/utilities/disk utility/repair permissions. Helps keep things in order.

Well if you bought the new version of Photoshop it will most likely not fit your system requirements. The closest version of Photoshop that will run decent on your computer is Photoshop v.7.0. Adobe might still sell that version online otherwise you can check online software stores for used versions.

Erm... I've been running Photoshop CS2 on my iMac G4 since it came out... And he said that it's been working up until a few days ago.

Back