imail not sending?

brad glaberson

Registered
Hi, my imail is receiving but not sending. I have 3 other computers in the office with different email address using imail and they are working fine? I deleted the account then added it and still cant send mail. its not a server issue because all other email address for our office email work just not mine.
any help will do.

brad

How long has it been spinning? I was having same issue when there was a problem with outgoing server. It spins for quite some time. Double-check that you are using the correct outgoing server, to make sure it's the same on all of your computers on the network.

Does your provider require that you use their outgoing mail server? Have you tried using both provider's and native-to-mail account outgoing server?

Look it up. If it is, for instance, gmail, google "outgoing server gmail". Also check if outgoing server need authentication. What mail provider are you using?

I was thinking of mail provider. For instance, at home I can use both my internet provider's outgoing mail server; and my native gmail outgoing server. At work I must use internet provder's server and nothing else.

When it comes to ports Im quite clueless, sorry. When I need to fix the port problem i just poke it here and there until it works :p

Well since you are at one location trying to go through your ISP to send Email (SMTP) might be the problem. Most ISPs block port 25 beyond their own servers in a vain attempt to slow SPAM. So if you using Mail, go to Mail's Preferences and in the Accounts tab follow these steps:

1. Highlight your Account for the email server.

2. Near the bottom of the pane you will see "Outgoing Mail server (SMTP):" with a pull down to edit you SMTP server settings. Plus it down to you hosting services' SMTP server (to edit a pop up will come down, highlight your server's SMTP settings.

3. When the server is highlighted in the right hand pane click on the "Advanced" tab and follow your hosting servers instructions to use or not se SSL and to select the correct SMTP port.

Now if it still doesn't send the email in Mail go to the menu item "Window" and open the "Connection Doctor" to see if Mail gives you are error connecting to the Hosting Service's SMTP server, to try determine the problem.

Back