imovie

taffymaci

Registered
have been making movies with imovie for the past few years. Today I imported from my camera, could see the clips moving in imovie when being transported, but when I tried to edit the clips, all I could get was a screen frozen with a picture, no movement, but could hear the sound. Then when I tried to open an already saved imovie (that had already been burned to iDVD successfully), the same thing happened.

Can you help me?? Thanks

OK. First of all don't erase the movie from the camera and disconnect it. Then let us help you reset the Mac and the program. Download a maintenance program like either the free(donationware) Yasu or Onyx and run all the cleaning routines. The programs will then reboot your Mac and I strongly suggest you immediately reboot again to fully rebuild the startup/shutdown routines.

Once you done the maintenance then lets reset the program by going to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file com.apple.iMovie.plist (or com.apple.iMovie7.plist for iMovie 07). Then relaunch iMovie and open a saved movie to see if it gets sound back.

One more thing, are you getting sound out of any other video programs?

Back