Import mails (Form Apple mail to Outlook 2011 for mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe456

Registered
I want to transfer my mailboxes from mac mail 5.1 to outlook 2011. I successfully create the mbox exports from mac mail 5.1. However, when I use import on outlook 2011 and select the text file option and the mbox option, when I select the mbox file from the file dialog box it shows the contents (mbox, info.plist, table_of_contents) but they are not selectable and the import button does not allow selection (it remains unhighlighted)

In need of helpful solutions asap.

Thank you

I think I have already responded to your question on another thread.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3866495
This article has lots of tips, and even at least one that directly point out a tip about your problem.

Be sure to first try restarting your Mac, the see if the Outlook import works. Also, from that article, try dragging the mbox file to the Outlook icon, to see if that will "jog" Outlook into properly seeing that file.

Thanks for the suggestion DeltaMac. The link you added helped me a lot. I have opted to use the third party tool mail exporter pro. Its a nice one. my mails are now being transferred successfully from mac mail to outlook 2011.
Thanks for help once again

Also, be sure to check that your Outlook (as well as the rest of the Office software) is updated.
Open any Office app, and choose the updater from Help menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back