Importing pictures into iphoto

bigbadjohn

Registered
When I launch iphoto I dont see my pics

I transferred all my pics from my pc to my pictures folder on the mac
How do I get them into iphoto?

Drag and drop the folder "Pictures" onto the iPhoto icon, or, if iPhoto is already open, drag that folder onto the iPhoto window... or, just drag the pictures themselves into the iPhoto window.

Alternatively, from within iPhoto, choose File > "Import to Library" and navigate to and select the folder where you copied the pictures.

Is it possible to have iPhot automatically discover new photos as you add them? I use Photoshop as an editor and often will edit a photo and create a new version of it. It doesn't seem to be automatically added to Iphoto.

Also is there any way to set up iPhot so that when you delete a photo that it will delete the original. I spent ages using it to go through and clean out all my dud photos, only to find that they all still existed in their original folder!

Cheers

Steve

There is an option to have iPhoto import all photos into iPhoto Library-- not at the mac right now, so can't look, but check in preferences. You can also set Photoshop to be your extrenal editor, so that when you open a photo to edit, it will open Photoshop, you can edit and when you save it will be put back to its rightful place in iPhoto.

When you delete a photo from iPhoto, you need to delete it from the roll/event (depending on which version of iPhoto you are using) into the trash in iPhoto, not the trash in the dock. If you use the dock trash, it will not be deleted from your library (I think). Also, if you delete it from its album, you are only deleting it from that album, not your library. You need to delete from the roll/event.

But probably the most important advice I can give you is to never go into the library in finder -- this will cause untold havoc! Lost photos, corrupt photos, etc. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself.

Back