In-Depth Look at Jaguar, with tons of screenshots!

I can't say it is *much* better. Many tasks are got the same speed as 10.1. But application launch time is really faster. Especially Terminal and System Preferences.

Also, scrolling and Flash are faster. Flash playing as well as PeeCee now.

I don't see Ink in System Preferences maybe it is not included yet or because I don't have a tablet.

QuickTime launchs in 1 bounce. Minimum movie is better than 10.1 but still laggy in slow motion.

I am not sure if Quartz Extreme has been turned on or not... Anyway know how to check?

Sorry... I think I had maken a mistake... Flash speed is the same... I just booted back to 10.1.5 and only scrolling has a little bit improved... Maybe Quartz Extreme wasn't enabled on my machine... even it is not yet included with 10.2.

ddma, would you mind putting your specs in your sig for a bit? I get excited hearing your praise over it but I was wondering what speed and graphics chip you are running.

My computer
---
PowerBook G4 667
AGP4x Radeon 16MB
Dual Displays (1152x768, 1280x1024)
OS X 10.2 installed on external firewire 80GB harddisk
---
Resize/scroll have been improved a little bit (5% better??)

I am not sure what if Quartz Extreme is really enabled or not (as Apple said 32MB is recommended, that means Radeon with 16 meg would have a chance to experience QE?).

Btw, I feel the speed is nearly the same as what 10.1.4 does. But application's launching time is improved. Like 1 bounce for System Preferences and Terminal.

Anybody have the pictures saved and they could email them to me or place them in their idisk?

The person's itools account got 'suspended due to excessive bandwidth use'.

I really want to see them :D

My email is realmeatychunks@mac.com

Or just post here if you decide to put them in your iDisk.

Originally posted by Realmeatychunks
Anybody have the pictures saved and they could email them to me or place them in their idisk?

The person's itools account got 'suspended due to excessive bandwidth use'...
Also that can get you booted from iTools because it breaks your user agreement to post this stuff...

Just so you guys all know, there's also a wealth of screenshots of Jaguar over at ThinkSecret.com, and there are some nice screenshots of things that no one else has shown..

I saw the playthrough checkbox on the audio setup!

woo hoo - now I can *hear* what I record from my stereo equipment!! I'm mostly transfering tapes to iTunes, but since there is no playthrough, I have to tape the whole side and manually split into songs - *yuck* :(

the thing that kills me is that "late summer" can sometimes mean early fall... :rolleyes:

Nah. When Apple means "late summer", it means "late summer" (i.e.: last days of summer, like 10.1 :D ).

Back