Input output error on ide drive

SLO4SHO

Registered
So I have an IDE DVD burner that I have inserted into my powermac G4. It has been taken out of a windows computer. The drive seems to work well other than when I burn a disc it tells me that it failed... However the disk works just fine. Thats not the issue the issue is the input output error that I am getting when trying to back up my OS X disc. I found instructions that have worked but it was a pain in the @$$ to do and I wasn't able to do it from my computer due to the input output error 0 that I received... The only thing that I can think of is that this is due to the DVD burner that I have used to read the disc?? Would that be correct? I was able to complete the back up from a friends powerbook G4 no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Perhaps it's not the drive itself, then; rather, maybe it's your IDE cable or something with the IDE controller.

Check to make sure that none of the pins are bent on both the DVD drive as well as the IDE connector on the motherboard, and ensure that the IDE ribbon cable is in good condition (and that you're using the correct cable, either 80-wire or 40-wire).

i forgot to mention that it isn't read by my buddies powermac either? I will check my cables, thank you... dvd burners are too expensive anyway on new egg =)

I think that the problem actually is being cause by the fact that your gay, that usually cause's the INPUT OUTPUT error.

Back