Installing HP Printer

nmm88

Registered
I am trying to install an HP Laser Jet Printer on my mac in addition to an HP PSC 750. Problem is when i try to install the software it says that nothing else needs to be installed as it has aleady been. I assume thats from the PSC 750. When I go to the printer control panel and click add new on the USB list my new printer is listed but it says no driver installed and doesnt let me do anything past that point. What do I do?

Try downloading the software for it off of HP's website and install it. Then you could try adding it again.

Tried that, the software if the exact same thing and does the exact same thing. Nothing needs to be installed.

Thanks for the Help Cheryl! Unfortunately that is the same thing that I had downloaded from HP's website, and gives me the same message:
(Attachment 1)
THen When I go to the Printer Setup Utility, All I can do is
(attachment 2)
I can't click anywhere or configure anything past that point. Any Ideas?

Attachments

• Picture 3.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 2.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 20
This problem sounds like a conflict with the HP Communications app, which you might need to stop before trying to install and use the other HP printer. Have you downloaded and installed the latest PSC 750 software, which is version 6.3.6 ?
Have you tried installing the LJ 1012 (should be version 1.1.3) with the PSC750 disconnected?
Check the HP troubleshooting tips with the PSC 750, for info about stopping the HP Communication app.

Back