installing linux

basurita20

Registered
hi, i was trying to install slackware linux on mi g4 ibook with virtual pc...everything was going fine, until i finished the instalation process and reboot linux...the virtual pc screen stands black, it's like it doesn't find the O.S. or something...
please., if anyone has installed linux with VPC on a mac, let me know if there is anything that i'm doing wrong...i've made the partitions, a swap and the primary with journal FS...didn't install lilo (obviously)...etc..
ok, i'll be waiting for any suggestions

You didn't install LILO??? I believe there is your problem. You need LILO to boot to Linux. When you install Slack 9, you are given the choice to install LILO using the "simple" way or the "expert" way. If you aren't too afraid, select the "expert" way since you can specify lilo to boot immediately into Linux, as well as a few other things. Personally, the "expert" way isn't that hard. It's pretty straightforward in what it asks for you to enter....it's just a few more steps than the "simple" version.

ehh bolasss.. instalale el LILO, como te dice nixgeek... jajaja ponele media pila...no me digas que vas a hacer wardriving con el slack.... bueno, si vas por lo menos invita!!!

For those that speak only English, I have provided a rough Google translation of flacochala's last post:

ehh bolasss.. instalale the LILO, as it says nixgeek to you... jajaja ponele average battery... you do not say to me that you are going to do wardriving with slack.... good, if you go at least invites!

Back