Installing OS X on a PC = "Waiting for root device"

chngbat

Registered
I'm trying to install OS X Leopard on my intel PC to dual boot it alongside XP if possible.

I put the disc in, and during installation a hell of alot of writing just flies by as it loads then, it changes to a smaller font, and brings up a screen that always gets stuck at the same part with the last 2 messages being:

"Firewire unable to determine decurity mode; defaulting to full secure"
"Waiting for root device"
"Still waiting for root device"

Ive seen some posts about it on the net already and tried the solutions but nothing was possible.

Anyone have any idea's?

Hey - I've got an idea! Get a Mac, eh? That will take care of your little difficulty... No one here will help you with installing OS X on a PC - LOL!

You know, a simple search in the forum for such a topic would reveal the amount of times ad nauseum that it's been mentioned that it's against the board rules, yet these new users never actually read them when they sign on. Or, they just completely ignore them thinking they'll get the answer they want regardless. They just won't learn! :rolleyes:

Here's a tip: you want to run Mac OS X? Get a Mac (new or used, doesn't matter). Or if you REALLY want a hackintosh so badly, buy an Open Computer from Psystar....oh, and make sure to hand them the vaseline so it doesn't hurt so much when they rip you a new one as they take your money.

Thank you and good night!

Back