Installing windows, please inquire!

ackmo

Registered
Hi everyone.

Just got a macbook pro. It's been used and it had vista on it , came with bootcamp and such.

So I was trying to get the windows to show up , and videos were telling me to press option and found out alt is the way to change between Mac and Windows

I am stupid for deleting the partition of vista , and installed windows xp service pack 1.

I didn't get the macbook pro drivers with it

What I am asking is, is there a sticky somewhere that tells me exactly what i'm supposed to do when i am finished installing windows on my macbookpro????

bah sorry if im not specific enough please let me know im a mac noob!!

Last edited:
Well besides you attitude, stick your os x install disc in, when your booted up in windows, and open it.

I'm pretty sure that boot camp requires XP SP2 if thats what you want to use, I'm not to sure if its going to make a difference.

Just to complete what Jesse714 started -
When you are booted to Windows, insert your OS X installer DVD. Apple's Windows driver setup should auto-run. That will take care of the drivers that you need.

You answered my question perfectly. Going to upgrade to SP2, but I didn't get a cd with the macbook pro. Is there any way to get the drivers off of apple.com?
Thanks.

Hmm, Well i think that there might be.

Why don't you try to google it really quick?

I'd try Windows XP Drivers for OS X Leopard.
That's weird that your macbook didn't come with a os x cd, where did you buy it from?

You need the original Mac OS X install CD/DVD. You cannot download the drivers legally from anywhere.

As I'm sure you've found out by now, purchasing a computer without the install/restore disks is like purchasing a car without a set of keys. You need one of the following:

1) A retail install CD/DVD of Mac OS X
2) The system-specific gray-colored disks that originally came with the computer

The gray-colored disks are useless to the seller of the computer -- if I were in your situation, I would contact the seller of the computer and kindly ask them to complete the sale by including the gray-colored disks that originally came with the computer. Those disks should follow the computer from seller to buyer and on again.

I accept with information:purchasing a computer without the install/restore disks is like purchasing a car without a set of keys. You need one of the following:A retail install CD/DVD of Mac OS X; The system-specific gray-colored disks that originally came with the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back