Internet Explorer 5.2 Out!

theCaptain

Member that enjoys Meece
Maccentral claims Microsoft has released version 5.2 of Explorer but it has yet to be seen on their MacTopia site.

Yay! Download it now!

[edit]Whoa!! It's pretty fast. Seems to be using Quartz rendering. Running in Jaguar build 6C35. Gotta play with it some more before I give final judgment.[/edit]

WOW! Look at all those new cool features!
The default home page is now even msn.com!!
Man that's awesome!!
It even has antialiased text, that many other browsers had for months/years and that I also can enable with Slik...

:rolleyes:
Seriously.
Just look at the "what's new in this version" list at versiontracker
Is this really enough to move from 5.1-->5.2?

Wow, what a smack in the face! Why in the hell would they make msn.com the homepage? This is getting a little ridiculous. It seems that microsoft is trying to shaft us with these little things, almost in a form of jealousy? I don't know. I really would love for apple to make a simple web browser and include it and internet exploring in all shipping versions of Mac OS X (to avoid the ugly browser issues of course). Ah well...

Hmmmmm.....not appearing in the apple softwareupdate control panel. What could this mean.

Could it mean that Apple is no longer going to sport IE as its default browser. Perhaps Chimera will be...(when they finish it). What does it all mean??!!

God, I hope this is the end of IE as the default.

Thoughts?????

This sucks. The buttons aren't aqua....... *Bah* Microsoft.

Ahha! Just found an aqua button, in the Reply to Topic-page, the button: "Browse", jeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh......:rolleyes:

senne.

Wohow! One more thing: It scrolls so much faster!!!!! Almost like in OS 9!! We're getting closer!! Ohjeahbaby!

senne.

Originally posted by dixonbm
Hmmmmm.....not appearing in the apple softwareupdate control panel. What could this mean.

Have you renamed IE or modified it in any way? That happened to me when 5.1.4 came out. I had renamed it 'Internet Exploder' and Update wouldn't find it. After I named it back, it was found.

Wow, I find it alot faster than 5.1. Scrolling and page rendering is much faster for me. I see more website and less spinning disk. :D

bigbadbill,

not that i disagree with the subject matter of your avatar... but could you please remove the blinking insanity of it? it is really annoying.

Ya, I agree, it's buggin me too ... I just haven't had the time to update it. Your's was the push i needed I guess!

They did it! Antialiasing. And the speed is now up to par with the Windows version. Internet Explorer 5.2 is now my default browser. I just ditched Mozilla again. :)

Enough about my avatar and back to the tread:

I haven't really notice a differance in speed, but it does scroll quicker and the anitaliased text looks much better.

IE not appearing in the apple softwareupdate control panel? Is apple cutting the cord on IE?

Can we expect a new browser from apple? iWeb, iNet, iSurfer, iBrowser?

iWonder!?!

(Thanks wdw_)

I was hoping for more custom tool bar buttons and more colors too. Maybe in future releases.

I hear other users baggin' on IE for using MSN as the default homepage. This IS my homepage. What are you guys using for YOUR homepage?

Originally posted by julguribye
WOW! Look at all those new cool features!
The default home page is now even msn.com!!
Man that's awesome!!
It even has antialiased text, that many other browsers had for months/years and that I also can enable with Slik...

My homepage stayed the same as before, blank page. But I really don't notice any differences from before. Now I get no context menu at all from the Address line. I hope there will be a REAL improved release as articles have said. Back to OmniWeb....

Back