Internet Explorer 5.2 Out!

XAQ-

Hmmm, not sure what would cause that. You may want to reinstall. Are you still running OSX 10.1.4 like your sig says?

That's what I thought. I've been trying to dig up info on Jag but I can't even find a decent OSX thread on the subject.

what's the deal with microsoft still telling you you have to quit all programs for an installation of a browser???? we ain't using w95. drives me nuts.

still doesn't compete with omniweb in terms of the beauty in the way pages display...

It's ok for an update. It seems slightly faster but I still like Moz over it currently. I'm eager to test my browsers when 10.2 is released to see if Moz will be able to retain that top spot.

Anyone notice the text size increase? It was set at 100%, I went in and set my text from 16 to 14pt, and it looks much better. If some sites use pixel size, why did the text size change? This may have an effect on web designon X. I love the crisp clean text though.

Originally posted by fryke
They did it! Antialiasing. And the speed is now up to par with the Windows version. Internet Explorer 5.2 is now my default browser. I just ditched Mozilla again. :)

yep, it's MUCH faster in 10.1.5 and the antialiasing is NICE.

i've been loving omniweb but this might just sway me back...

I can only hate such a slow thing. Though Microsoft has a point: MSIE 5.2 crashes less than Chimera 0.3 ! Wow ! This was a joke, go back to Chimera*, IE isn't worth it. New version is only way to force new standard in.

* Chimera won't get uploads/downloads/Flash/java and some more right, so use Mozilla instead :). Not please, not IE… it's such a dumb proggie, don't encourage stupid update slike this ! I'm sure the truth about this update we don't know.

The truth is that it's a security release which is why there doesn't seem to be many new features. It would be nice to know what those security things were tho.

I find that it caught up with Omniweb speed wise (still pretty slow) but it doesn't have cocoa functionality so I'm going to stick with Omni and Moz if I need speed.

It lets me do my on-line banking, but that's the only nice thing I can say about it. Text still looks lousy compared to OmniWeb. And the inability to turn off pop-up ads is driving me nuts! :mad:
Speedwise, no perceptible improvement. Buh-bye, IE. It's back to OW & Moz for me!
:D

Originally posted by bigbadbill
I hear other users baggin' on IE for using MSN as the default homepage. This IS my homepage. What are you guys using for YOUR homepage?
http://www.macosx.com/
;) :cool:
That's my homepage at home. At school/work, its http://www.appleturns.com
:D
Seriously, portal sites like my.yahoo.com are useful when I want the info they offer, but why should I start at a page with a link to the first (and due to limited time, often only) website I am going to look at when I can go directly there? My reasons to get online:
1. em@il
2. this site
3. As the Apple Turns
4. MacMinute.com
5. Versiontracker.com
Sorry for being so off-topic, but I hate M$, and by extension MSN, and anyone questioning the bashing thereof must be responded to.
;)

Has anybody noticed that when the auto complete window drops down from the address bar, it blurs the text and pictures behind it? I don't know if this has always been there, but I just now noticed this.

i went right to the preferences and turned off that quartz text smoothing. can't stand it. and now let me check out the browser...

i don't get the people who think ie 5.2 may be slow. a page with huge tablesets - like the one you're watching right now, loads INSTANTLY. faster than chimera 0.1.x/0.2.x even! maybe you should disable silk or something, i don't know. ie is the fastest browsing experience EVER on a macintosh now - at least on the computers i'm using right now, a TiBook 500, an iBook 700 (my sister's), a PM G4/400 AGP at work. no problems whatsoever, fastest browser - period.

Never found IE useful.
I'm set with Mozilla (and iCab for ultra light browsing), till Chimera is ready for prime time.
IE offers nothing more to me.
Glad to see it's not on Apple Update!

Hi fryke,

Originally posted by fryke
i don't get the people who think ie 5.2 may be slow. a page with huge tablesets - like the one you're watching right now, loads INSTANTLY. faster than chimera 0.1.x/0.2.x even!

Maybe you should use Chimera 0.3, with +25% speed. :) This page loads instantly too.

I didn't hear anything yet about the bugs of Aqua in IE. It's like i'm browsing with a Mac OS 9 - browser.....

I'm staying with OW

senne.

Back