Internet Explorer HELP!

dave-dave

Registered
Hello, I ahve version 10.0 of Mac OS X (NOT 10.2 or .3 ONLY 10.0)
When I click on Internet Explorer (I re-installed when i got this problem the first time) The application "unexpectadly quits". Any advice?

Go into your User folder (your home holder), and open Library, then Preferences. Find the Explorer folder, and put that folder in the trash. That might allow IE to open OK.
If not, you just are not using a very stable version of OS X. Version 10.1 is considered to be the first usable, stable version of OS X, with each major version since then improving on that. Some might argue about OS X 10.4 being more stable, but certainly much better than 10.0 (or 10.1, or 10.2, or...), in addition to being much more speedy/smooth.
Stability goes a long way to helping more apps work reliably....

Hello, I ahve version 10.0 of Mac OS X ...
A lot of Mac users badmouth MacOS X 10.0. I don't agree with them, but later versions of MacOS X are much improved. Much MacOS X software is incompatible with this version of the OS. I strongly recommend that you upgrade to MacOS X 10.4. If not 10.4, then at least upgrade to MacOS X 10.3. I am aware of no advantage that 10.0 has over any newer version except for the footprint on your hard drive.

Back