Internets

You cannot "install internet", however, you can configure it on your Mac if you have an internet connection. Also, it would help if you told us what kind of Mac you have. Please describe the problem, and we can help.

It seems that you are already using the internet. I would suggest that you go to wikipedia and learn what the word "Internet" means.

A friend on mine told me that if I installed some internets onto my soft drive, I could have unlimited amounts of knowledge from which to use in case of an emergency like the power turning off or the internets shutting down. I really want this functionality. I know the word, however it would be nice to install lots of data onto my soft drive.

This doesn't seem like a hard question. I figured some people of greater technically knowledge could at least help me do something so trivial.

The question doesn't make sense... you cannot install the "internet" onto your hard drive. Unlimited knowledge would take up unlimited space, and you don't have unlimited space (nobody does).

If the power goes off, so does your computer (unless you have it plugged into a battery backup). No amount of data on your drive will prevent this -- if the power goes off, your computer is useless.

This is not "trivial", as you describe -- in fact, we are still having trouble determining what exactly you wish to do and what exactly you wish to install onto your drive. There is only one "internet" -- the word "internets" doesn't make any sense. If at all possible, consult with your friend again about exactly what he/she meant (get lots of clarification), then report back and we can then continue to try and help.

I just called them, and it seems that they find this to be very funny. Maybe they tricked me. However, I had the common sense to buy 5 Lacie external 1TB soft/hard drives, and I have them connected to hubs which I have wired to my Mac Pro's USB and FireWire ports. I was not aware of internets being downloaded to soft drives when I bought my Mac Pro, so I only loaded my Mac Pro with 1TB of internal softness. I want to install internets (or maybe "the" Internet, according to El Diablo) onto my drives. Please assist me in doing so. I just don't understand how any combinations of the internets could be more than 6TB.

If you find a page that you want to download, select "File", then "Save as..". Select a location to save to, and select the "Web Archive" format. You can then access the page from your hard drive, even if the internet is down.
"The" internet is far to large, and changes far too much for it to be downloaded onto any one machine.
In fact, in 2002, the size of the internet was judged to be 532,897 terabytes.

Yep -- Uber, there is no way in hell you will be able to download the entire internet onto your computer. Absolutely no chance of it. You couldn't download it fast enough to keep up with all the changes being made to all the pages of the internet constantly.

I think you're chasing your tail (or being taken for a ride by your friends) with this "download internets onto soft drives" thing.

after following this thread for a bit,
I can visualize "UberIntelligent" as a good fisherman, his specialty being "Trolling".

jb.

Somtimes I like to eat cheese turkeys with fat and mustard all over those turkey-covered skin turkeys all up in the foooood!

Honestly jbarley, I think you're debasing yourself with this unbelievably crude display of worthlessness. Shese, it seems like somebody with the aptitude of even a chimp could see that I have a serious concern about the size of my internets! I wish I could visualize what having the internet on my SOFT DRIVE could even account for the fish in my guitar! For God sakes jbarley, have mercy on such an unkempt soul! UhN!

So... is the problem solved? You cannot achieve what you wish -- it's impossible. Nobody in the world has enough space to store THE internet, much less multiple internets. I believe your question has been answered -- we cannot assist you with this. Nobody can.

Can we close the thread before it gets ugly?

Um...just a reality check; is UberIntelligent "for real"??? I mean, reading his posts in this thread makes me feel that I'm on a bad acid trip! Scary!!!

I'm scared to just outright say that this is a ploy because I might just offend someone... but God, I've just never read something as funny as "I filled it with one TB of softness".

Maybe this is like a ying-yang Mobius; if we actually went on a trip, this thread would make sense!

I don't know.....The Internets took only 4k of space on my hard drive......all I did was open up GNU nano, type "The Internets", and saved it as "The Internets".

Saving The Internets hardly left a mark on my hard drive, so you should be good! ;)

Could somebody please assist me in intalling those internets onto my computer?

Actually, what you want to install is called "interwebs"
and they should only take up about 20,000,000,000
terabytes of space - also, you may want to rethink your
member name because i think you just might be an idiot.

Back