invalid checksum error

victoriawawa

Registered
Hello, I just purchased a Macbook Air 11 inch and I've been trying to download the 30 day free trial for iWork. It lets me download it, but when I click on the downloaded file an error window comes up that reads "invalid checksum"
Why is this? Also, some of my system updates won't install, does this have something to do with it?

Invalid checksum says, that there is something wrong either on your disk or on the download.
The wrong disk could explain the install problems also.

Victoria something went wrong in the Air. First go your desktop and click on the Black Apple symbol. In the 'About this Mac' with be listed the version of OS X you are running. After you know the version of OS X you are running then go to Apple Downloads and find the 'Combo' Update for your version. So search for a version, like the example 10.7.2 Combo Update or the 10.6.8 Combo Update. then run the 'Combo Update' (it will take a little while because it is overwriting files).

After the reboot see if everything works good for your problem, Good Luck

So I did tried downloading the combo update, and I got the same error message "invalid checksum" and the update won't install.

Back