iphone / ipod

cleo

Registered
why dont i get stereo in my speakers in my car with my iphone...i am able to get them with my ipod...but not my iphone....i have the classic ipod and the iphone 3g..16gb.... thank you

hi.... i am using a belkin from my car to my iphone..i have used that before with my ipod and never had any problems before..and i have checked and the belkin can be used with a iphone...thanks for any help...

hi...if you go to the apple store and look up accessories for iphone's..under cables& docks
and you will see the belkin retractable mini- stereo cable....like i said i have been using this for a while with my ipod....and ive just had my iphone about 1 week...thank you

It looks like some people writing reviews for that product are experiencing similar problems.

Can you get stereo sound by "jiggling" or twisting the cord a tad while it's playing? Is the sound mono sound, or is the sound only playing out of one speaker (or one side of your car)?

i could try jiggling the cord...because after i tried it in my iphone today i right away tried it in my ipod and it came thru both speakers...so it might be that i didnt have it in right..
i cant try it now but i will tomorrow...and get back to you either way.....thank you so much...you have helped me in the past....

Are you able to get stereo from the iPhone using any other device such as headphones or another device that takes audio input? Also, compare the tip-ring-sleeve connector of the headphones that came with your iPhone and the Belkin device and see if they measure about the same. Sometimes differences in sizes of the tip-ring-sleeve can affect such things.

well i re tried it and i didnt have it in all the way...i had to push it in...so it works now
so thank you both for your help....i am now a happy camper....and the belkin does work good...i have used it with my ipod and i have never had any problems... so thank you thank you... cleo

That's what I was suspecting initially as well. Glad that you were able to figure it out. :)

Back