iPhone OS 3.0 is Out

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
It's finishing installing on my iPhone 3G. Crossing Fingers. Oh, it just rebooted.... Looking good, looking good....

Waiting, Waiting.... Waiting... oh it's doing something, can't find my status window in my mess of windows I have open.

Weird... it shows up in iPhone as upgraded and it still is doing the white bar thing... oh, that’s done... now just a black screen....

Wham! ENTER PASSCODE!

Having some severe issues with duplicated bookmarks and contacts after the iPhone OS 3.0 upgrade.

Some (not all) of my bookmarks have been duplicated twice, leaving me with three copies of each bookmark. Some of my Address Book contacts have been duplicated, leaving me with a handful of double-entries.

Strange. I can directly attribute this to the iPhone 3.0 OS upgrade -- and some order of syncing and stuff through iTunes.

Ack. Other than that, it's a decent upgrade -- a little speedier, a little more robust. I'm sure as I use it more over time I'll come to appreciate the upgrades a lot more, but for now, there's not a huge difference.

I was disappointed with the syncing of the Notes app. I was hoping that Apple would add a Notes app link in Mobile Me along with all the other web apps there. Instead, they added syncing Notes with Mail on OS X (10.5 only) or Outlook on Vista.

Well, I'm still using OS X 10.4 and I don't use Outlook on VIsta. In fact, I rarely use the actual apps on my Mac (Mail, Address Book or iCal) but I do use their counterparts on Mobile Me or my iPhone.

Come on Apple, make this right! It should be an easy fix. Add a Notes link in Mobile Me.

Last edited:
I _am_ using 10.5 and *still* wish it'd simply sync via MobileMe. I mean: I can save notes in Mail.app in 10.5 locally and on MobileMe. Why not simply add a switch to sync notes via MobileMe on the iPhone? Really, that seems a tad... stupid, really. Back when notes-synching was first "announced" (it was mentioned at the introduction of the very first iPhone) it "made sense" that Leopard would introduce this feature, since its Mail application was - at the very same show - shown as capable of handling exactly such notes. So we get that feature 2 years later now, but since the .mac to MobileMe move, notes-synching-only-via-USB seems very archaic to me.

I _am_ using 10.5 and *still* wish it'd simply sync via MobileMe. I mean: I can save notes in Mail.app in 10.5 locally and on MobileMe. Why not simply add a switch to sync notes via MobileMe on the iPhone? Really, that seems a tad... stupid, really. Back when notes-synching was first "announced" (it was mentioned at the introduction of the very first iPhone) it "made sense" that Leopard would introduce this feature, since its Mail application was - at the very same show - shown as capable of handling exactly such notes. So we get that feature 2 years later now, but since the .mac to MobileMe move, notes-synching-only-via-USB seems very archaic to me.

Other than that, the software update rocks. I still don't see any messenger applications actually updated to support push, though. :/

Other than that, the software update rocks. I still don't see any messenger applications actually updated to support push, though. :/

I'm told that IM+ is using push

Back