Iphone release date in Europe/ Netherlands

kebosma

Registered
Does anybody know what the target launch date is of the Iphone in Europe, and especially in the Netherlands? I heard a rumor about december 2007, but I don't know if this is true...

Does anybody know what the target launch date is of the Iphone in Europe, and especially in the Netherlands? I heard a rumor about december 2007, but I don't know if this is true...

I'm sure when Steve Jobs first announced iPhone he said the end of 2007 in Europe. No further info, though, since.

Andy

Be thankful by the time the iPhone reaches you in Europe it will be a version 2 model. I actually heard it should be in the EU hopefully before the Christmas season.

There were plans iPhone would reach Europe by winter 2007, but I've heard there are some problems with mobile phone operators like Vodafone. I'm from Poland and it would be a big trouble to get and use iPhone here like ppl in USA :D Contracts with mobile companies here are nothing to contracts in America :( We can't use internet/email for free :D

Well, I guess it will somewhere around december 2007/ januari 2008, but now I also heard rumors about only 3 country's in Europe where they will sell the Iphone first, to know: France, Germany and England I believe...

So it can become somewhat later...

Anyway as they are sold now, paying 599 euro's or an Iphone and next to that paying 60 euro's per month for a subscription, I will never buy one... I guess the Iphone will not be such a big succes in europe when they keep up with this construction...

Current "news" is that UK/France/Germany get it November 2007, all other European countries are merely talking about "2008" or "early 2008". I haven't read a reputable source that claims January or earlier in recent days.

It also seems that Europeans will _not_ get a "version 2" of the iPhone initially. Of course things that will be updated in the iPhone via software updates between now and then will already be available by then, but things like UMTS require different chips altogether. Apparently Apple doesn't want to make the iPhone bigger just to add that functionality. I guess we'll only see UMTS (along with a front camera hopefully) in a real version 2 sometime in Summer 2008 or late 2008.

Back