iPhone Swarovski cases, comments wanted

jmiller09

Registered
I'm pretty fussy when I come to choose an iPhone case. I've heard about a custom made Swarovski case from an international seller called ""DSStyles"".

I want to have something grand and elegant as it is for my girlfriend's iPhone 3GS whose 18 year-old birthday is coming and don't want to let her down. The case there looks cool. But I don't know what it exactly looks like when it's on her hand. Does any one tried on their Swarovski before? Are the Swarovski crystals real and will the crystals ""peel off"" easily?

Anyone can help? Any comments and suggestions please.

Well, this is kind of an unusual question but I know a little about Swarovski crystals.

Swarovski is well known for making the best crystals and crystal beads, they're the gold standard. When it comes to crystals which are glued on (and that's exactly how it's done) it depends how well any one maker does their job.

I don't think you'll ever find a piece with applied crystals where the crystals can't come off, its the bond between the glass and the surface it's applied to which is key. If the substrate (the fabric or whatever the crystals are glued to) has an upper layer which is delicate all it takes is for a little of that to peel off and the crystal goes with it.

I'm guessing that in this instance the case must be something like leather, synthetic leather or vinyl. Those would be pretty sturdy and if the glue is applied correctly (evenly and thoroughly) they should stay on pretty well.

Does the maker offer any type of gurantee?

edit: It's always possible to replace or glue crystals back on if they do come off. It's a fiddly job but it should be pretty easy to find replacement crystals and the glue which is basically super glue.

You just wouldn't be wanting to do a lot of them because it's not a fun job unless you're into that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Just a comment - what happens when your GF moves on to a new model iPhone (or some other device), and that >$300 case won't fit on the new model. I guess you could frame it, and hang it on a wall....

Just a comment - what happens when your GF moves on to a new model iPhone (or some other device), and that >$300 case won't fit on the new model. I guess you could frame it, and hang it on a wall....

So do you mean the 3G cases won't fit in my GF's iPhone 3GS? As i know 3G/3GS are in the same size of the body and she loves Swarovski very much, that's why i want to get one for you, can you please confirm are the sizes of iPhone 3G/3GS the same?

i got a swarovski case from them , ’ve been using this case for 3 months now, so far so good, i can really say the stones are stuck properly. The crystals are fine, no falling off so far.

...that's why i want to get one for you...
Please private message me for my address and contact information. I would like to thank you in advance for getting me one of these cases -- you don't often find overt kindness in the world, but you, my friend, are the exception! I will expect my case within the week, and thanks again! ;)

...can you please confirm are the sizes of iPhone 3G/3GS the same?
The iPhone 3G and the 3GS are the same size.

Please private message me for my address and contact information. I would like to thank you in advance for getting me one of these cases -- you don't often find overt kindness in the world, but you, my friend, are the exception! I will expect my case within the week, and thanks again! ;)

The iPhone 3G and the 3GS are the same size.

Did your case arrive? By the way, i am interetsed in which case you have ordered, maybe you can share the photo with us when it arrived, we can share the excitement together

I didn't order a case... the original poster posted "...that's why i want to get one for you..." which was obviously a language snafu. I was replying tongue-in-cheek.

Back