iPhone - This looks like a sweet prototype

Yeah back during the clamshell ibook.

Might be cool if it has bluetooth and could sync with an ipod or palm where phone numbers would be stored.

Hmmm.... I doesn't look too bad, but in my opinion, it isn't 'Appley' enough. It just doesn't look like something Apple would make :\
Also, that interface on the screen plain sucks, I think it looks like a bad imitation of the Aqua look in OS 10.0 or 10.1.

its not the best looking cell phone interface - but its better then anything ive seen on a cellphone :) most of them are downright ugly with a million colors and big square boxes. i don't like the color ones because of that, the old b&w cellphones were better looking.

If Apple will finally update iSync to 1.1 and support more phones, there's no real need for an iPhone. Already, you can sync a SE T68i just fine, but with the anticipated update, there'll be more phones that not only work fine with contacts, but also act just fine as a PDA replacement, i.e. the SE P800, the Nokia Series 60 phones (3650, 7650, N-Gage)...

anyone reckon that Apple has a chance if it released a phone? If it's going to "talk" to a computer, it'll have to have windows compatibility for sure.

Anybody else notice that the Apple logo on this "iPhone" is all wrong? I don't think this is any kind of conceptualized design from Apple. I personally think this is a "home" job. A nicely done "home" job, but a "home" job nonetheless.

I've actualy seen a cheap corded phone that looks remarkably like that phone. Also, I seriously doubt that apple would try to use a copy of the OS X interface on such a small display. It takes up way to much screen realestate.

yes, the leaf is wrong way and the apple hasn't been biten.

the look of that phone is REALLY motorola, and has a cheaply plastic feel. the turning thing in the middle does not look very resistant or practical in use.
it looks just cheap.

besides, why is the menu-options DOWN?

Yes... the interface is horrid. Apple would never use buttons on a menu bar... or at least I hope they never would. Not elegant at all

Design is still lacking. No camera? Clamshell? And the size if the monitor is worth anything? It would be better if Apple continued to improve its connectivity with phones (especially the gen 2.5 ones) and high-end pda rather than invent the wheel.

Back